Friday, July 19, 2013

A Guest Post, an Interview, and a Great Place to Find Books


I’ve been on vacation for the last week on a foray into the woods. It’s great to recharge the batteries once in a while, to have fun and get inspired by a change of scenery.

Even though I was in the forest, hunting zombies, searching for dragons, and looking for that most elusive of beasts, Relaxation, it doesn’t mean things weren’t happening on the home front.

While I was away, I had the honour of being given a two day spotlight on a wonderful book blog site: Bella Harte Books.

Aside from being an author herself, Bella Harte is a generous blogger who gives authors much-needed opportunities to showcase their work and themselves. If it were not for folks like Bella, many authors’ work would never be picked up by readers.


Bella gave me three great opportunities on her site that I think many of you will enjoy.

First off, Children of Apollo was featured on The Saturday Showcase which includes details about the book and a new excerpt.

Second, Bella invited me to write a guest blog for her site. The post is entitled Questing for Inspiration: Children of Apollo and a Journey into the Sahara. This was, of course, a very fun post to write and it was nice to reminisce about some of the things that inspired me most when researching and writing the book.


Lastly, as part of The Sunday Spotlight, Bella asked me some great questions as part of an author interview. I haven’t done many interviews so this was a real treat and loads of fun.

Many, many thanks to Bella Harte for having me on her site. Click on Bella Harte Books and have a look around. Who knows? You may find your next great read!

Also, be sure to check out her own series, The Seraphoenix Saga – an ancient, mythological creature with a modern, urban twist!

So, now that my holiday is over, it’s back to work and writing and trying to get things done. I feel refreshed and ready to get back to editing Killing the Hydra and writing Lykos.

On a final note, the Eagles and Dragons contest deadline is this Sunday, July 21st.

You could win one of three paperback copies of Children of Apollo with the first place winner also receiving a wooden gladius donated by Reliks.com – perfect for practicing your moves!

To enter, all you need to do is sign-up for e-mail updates at the top right of this blog. If you have already done so, be sure to tell your friends as other contests will be forthcoming.

The winners of the contest will be announced in the coming weeks.

That’s all for this week.

Thanks for reading and I hope you are all having a brilliant summer.

Cheers!


No comments: